There are a million links on the web for doing this, but as part of my “Have a break from Blogging” policy, I tackled this today (has been on my To Do List for ages)
- Cut out cotton cloths using pinking shears (various sizes/shapes to fit over your bowls/plates)
- Line baking tin with sheet of baking paper (oven on about 120-150 i.e. low/medium)
- Sprinkle cloth with grated pure beeswax & 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil (optional)
- After it all melts (approx 3-5 mins), use clean paintbrush to make sure all edges are soaked in wax (the material just sucks it up)
- Hang on line to dry (I just strung .5 metre twine between fridge & pantry), newspaper underneath to catch drips, & put tray there so the wax falls back in to be re-used. Takes 1-2 mins to harden. So Simple!
- Wash in cold soapy water only after use, and not good for meat products
- Fantastic gifts for every single person you know, so we can banish plastic wrap forever! There are tutorials online re putting buttons on so you can make sandwich bags etc etc, but I can’t/don’t want to sew.
- If I can do it, YOU can do it : )
How cute do they look? Are you inspired to give it a go? Please let me know : ), love G